In today’s world, productivity is a key attribute of a successful business. Not having a productive workforce could literally bankrupt you. Positive productivity has never been so critical to the success of most organizations, requires engagement with employees. In fact Gallup estimates that, “active disengagement (of employees) costs the U.S. $450 billion to $550 billion per year.[i]” Developing an IT environment that allows for employee engagement, flexibility and collaboration is vital to increasing productivity levels.
There are many technology solutions available claiming to improve productivity levels. Today, we will take a look at Office 365 and five specific ways that Office 365 can help improve productivity and engagement in your business.
- Collaboration: Take collaboration to the next level. SharePoint is a web based portal that your employees can take advantage of by collaborating on projects, documents and other files. Since SharePoint is web based, employees can access it regardless of where they are, eliminating many challenges facing today’s modern businesses.
- Cloud Based File Storage: Take full advantage of the cloud. With OneDrive for Business, employees will now be able to take full advantage of working when and where they want to, while enjoying the power of the cloud. Utilizing OneDrive to store all of their important files means that employees will only require an internet connection in order to access all of their important files, further enhancing employee productivity.
- Mobility — Work When and Where You Want To: Adapt to today’s modern work environment. Several Office 365 plans include Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and Publisher. These Office applications can be installed on five different devices per user. So an employee could install Office on their desktop, laptop, iPhone, Android Tablet and Mac so that they are able to work when and where they want to.
- Communications Hub: Real time communication between employees drives productivity. Ineffective communication platforms cost your business thousands of dollars by complicating workflows. With Office 365, you get powerful on-demand communication tools such as business class email with Microsoft Exchange Online as well as instant messaging, video chat and web conferencing with Skype for Business.
- Corporate Social Network: Get Social. Create your own private social network to further enhance collaboration and communication with Yammer. “Yammer is a private social network that helps you and your teams stay on top of it all. Yammer…collaboration software and business applications allow you to bring your team together so you can have conversations, collaborate on files, and organize around projects so you can go further – faster.”[ii] With Yammer you can brainstorm, chat, and share ideas and thoughts. By having a workforce that effectively communications, you’re well on the way to increasing productivity and engagement.
Microsoft’s Office 365 plans bring a lot of powerful IT productivity and engagement solutions to Small and Midsize businesses. There are many different Office 365 plans available to suit the needs of a productive organization. mindSHIFT Online is ready to help advise you on the right solution for your business, migrate your business to the cloud and support your organization along the way with our 24/7/365 US Based IT Support.
Please feel free to reach out to us, and we will gladly help your business reach its productivity pinnacle with Office 365.
Email: Email us at info@mindSHIFTOnline.com
Phone: Call us at 855-535-7262
[i] STATE OF THE AMERICAN WORKPLACE 2013: Employee Engagement Insights for U.S. Business Leaders by Gallup Inc.
[ii] About Yammer retrieved from: https://about.yammer.com (May 7, 2015) by Yammer, Microsoft